Tuesday 2 April 2013

A big pictorial report, Edinburgh

As I promised in one of my previous posts, I will now publish some photos from my travel to Scotland and Ireland.
In the next report I will publish some photos from my tour on French Riviera.

I will start with Edinburgh, as it is clearly the best city I ever visited.

Edinburgh

My first visit there was in the Summer 2012, but I had only one day there.
Immediately I felt that Edinburgh is very nice city and I wrote on this blog that it is in top 5 of my favourite places.
Now I can say that it is alone in the first place.

A view on Edinburgh´s Castle and building in the surroundings from Princes Street in Edinburgh´s New Town.


























The Royal Mile Edinburgh´s Old Town.


























Grassmarket Edinburgh´s Old Town

























Victoria Street leading to the Grassmarket





























North Bridge in Edinburgh, connecting The New Town and The Old Town




























Edinburgh Castle






















A view from Edinburgh Castle to the Princes Street and The New Town.






















The Rose Street, in the middle of The New Town, one of the most famous streets in Edinburgh.





























...with it´s guide















































Edinburgh is not only about The Old Town and The New Town, as there are West End on the West, and part´s of the City towards North Sea.
George street and Princes Street are perfect for shopping while those who likes football can enjoy in the oldest derby in the World, between Hibernian and Hearts.
The nicest restaurants are in West End.
For a visit to the museums there is always The Old Town, and I can recommend Scottish National Museum.
While admissions is free there are a lot of interesting items.
In the continuations there are some pictures from above mentioned places.




































In the next two parts it will be published photos from Glasgow and Dublin.

No comments:

Post a Comment