Wednesday 9 October 2013

October combinations

As very soon I will travel again (this time in the opposite direction from the last trip), and as my texts about travels has to go through some phases (idea, planing, conceptual, physical) I decided to at least publish something in the regular rubric on this blog.
As it is a tradition on Chess & Life, I will publish the combinations in the order of the level of complexity, from easier to harder exercises.
The first three combinations is somehow easier and the latest two, are harder.
The latest two are from my own games.


The rooks and the bishops are the pieces with straight and long distance movement.
A queen is a piece with the same movement as a rooks and a bishop combined. Due to effect of synergy, a queen is usually better then the combination of rook+bishop.
In this combination there are a lot of possible takes and retakes.
Black is a whole rook up, but he has one very sensitive point in his camp.
White is on move and he has a winning combination on his disposal.


For those who loves the black pieces, there is one combination in which black is on move, and should win (with the best possible play).
The both kings are somehow weak, and Black can start with a series of checks.
However, it can very quick lead to nothing.
The point of this combination is the right way to coordinate your forces.
Can you find the way?




This is not the most forcing combination, but it is without doubt the easiest among today´s combinations.
Black is on move, and despite one pawn down, he can win the game.
The task is very similar as in the previous exercise.
You have to find the right way to coordinate your pieces.







This position is from one of my own games.
The position looks very complicated, and it seems that there is no way for Black to decide the game immediately.
However, despite mutual time trouble I found very nice tactical resource for Black in this position.
This is only the last fragment of the combination.
A couple of moves earlier I already spotted this combination (otherwise I would never enter such a position from the position in which I had stable advantage).
If I found it, you can surly do it too!



Here we are!
The position from the introduction.
In this position I was white and I missed the winning combination.
Later on I went on to win this game.
As a matter of fact, it is very strange to not look at the decisive blows, as all white pieces are on the best possible squares.
I can not improve them further, and that is the signal for the combination.
The main line of this combination is very beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment